We are looking to hire Autism Assistants for the Carmen B. Pingree Center of Learning The Autism Assistant provides behavioral support and stability within the children classrooms and assist teachers in providing training for children with autism. A classroom size is typically 10-12 children.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and materials assigned by classroom teachers to support and reinforce classroom objectives
- Assist teachers with implementing social skills development with activities such as dramatic play, social games that incorporate turn taking and sharing and outdoor play
- Assist children with free-choice, play activities, games, gym time and instructional sessions
- Assist with self-help and care routines such as snack, lunch, tooth brushing, toileting and eating skills
- Provide accurate and timely documentation
- Ride and assist with behavior management on the bus 2 runs/week
- Perform additional duties as may be directed
- Must be dependable, organized and observant
- Work well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be detail-oriented and able to keep accurate documentation
- University students pursuing a future career in this area are encouraged to apply as this is an excellent avenue for gaining specialized and practical experience
What’s in it for you?
- Part-time work schedule: 30 hours per work
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Pay: Earn up to $13.16 with pay for performance
- Professional advancement: The autism assistant role serves as a great opportunity to learn and obtain experience, and transition into full-time benefitted roles
- Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from
- Working for an innovative company that is always improving the way we care for our clients
About the Pingree Center
The Carmen B. Pingree Autism Center of Learning is Utah’s premier program for the treatment of children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We are a family of employees who are devoted to the clients that we serve, the community and affiliates that we partner with to bring effective programming. Through use of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy and other cutting-edge, evidence based treatments we develop individualized plans for each child to help them get the support they need based on their abilities, interests, strengths, and any areas requiring support. Most importantly, we are a place where one’s passion for helping others will be directly translate into special moments and positive influences within the lives of children with autism and their families. PLEASE COME JOIN US!!
Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed