Valley Behavioral Health is a nonprofit organization that provides treatment for behavioral issues, addictions, psychiatric conditions, autism and other chronic conditions. Our organization consists of more than 70 programs to meet the needs of people from all backgrounds. We are a family of 850 employees whose mission is helping our clients by using research, evolving methods and providing evidence based treatment that changes lives. Most importantly, we are a place where one’s passion for helping others can truly be fulfilled through creating positive change in their lives.
We are currently hiring for the position of Victim Advocate within Tooele County. The responsibilities of this role include:
- A victim Advocate works under the team leadership of the Victim Advocacy Coordinator in Tooele County. The position is funded primarily by the Victims Of Crime Act
- Provide 24/7 coverage for crisis lines and conduct crisis response in the field, responding to hospitals, crime scenes, and other locations as requested by local law enforcement, medical partners, and the public
- Lead peer support groups at the Pathways Domestic Violence Shelter
- Ensure intake forms and necessary documentation are filled out completely
- Provide counseling, connection to resources including emergency shelter, transportation, rental assistance, assistance applying for protective orders, stalking injunctions, and immigration-related applications, assistance applying for funding as a victim of crime, support in court proceedings, coordination with law enforcement and investigation, and emergency financial support for victims from a wide range of crimes
- Collaborate for provision of resources with community partners including Tooele County Resource Center, Department of Workforce Services, Tooele County Housing Authority, medical providers, and other community partners
- Performs related duties as required
What’s in it for you?
Industry leading pay! Our new pay-for-performance program means you can earn up to $14.80 per hour
Location: Tooele County, Utah
Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from
Great benefits package: we have outstanding health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching, PTO, 10 paid holidays and tuition reimbursement for full-time employees!
Working for an innovative company that is always improving the way we care for our clients
- Get your Case Manager Certification on us!
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both in writing and verbally
- Basic computer skills and and ability to learn new applications easily
- Ability to react effectively in emergency and stressful situations; ability to exhibit imagination and initiative in problem solving; capability in coping with a variety of situations; ability to follow standard safety practices and procedures common to the work; ability to obtain a working knowledge and understanding of the legal system; ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with co-workers, supervisor, victims, support agencies, and the public; ability to physically travel between various community locations such as private homes that may not be ADA accessible
- Must possess a valid Utah driver license and personal transportation.
- Preferred to have completed Sexual Assault 40 hour training and Domestic Violence Victims Advocate training.
Valley Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.