Company: Valley Behavioral Health
The Director of Laboratory Operations will be responsible for all laboratory operations to include oversight and enforcement of laboratory procedures relating to safety, certification, compliance. This position will ensure that laboratory services provided are of the highest quality, are cost contained, and are carried out in an effective and responsive manner. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the planning, organization, direction, coordination, and integration of the laboratory to include administrative, technical, and educational aspects of operations, in association with, and under the supervision of the Valley Behavioral Health Executive Leadership Team.
ValleyLab is seeking a highly-motivated, team-oriented individual for this position. We take pride in our spirit of collaboration and cooperation. The right person for this position must be willing to supervise and work the bench as required and have experience with quality improvement and strong leadership principles. We are needing a director who can lead us through the transition from an in-house high complexity lab to an independent high complexity lab.
- Turnaround time management (TAT): Implement and design laboratory workflow processes and efficient testing schedules to ensure timely delivery of test results
- Supervise laboratory personnel through continual, general and direct supervision, interactive staff meetings, time management, and workload distribution
- Ensure KPI’s are met
- Demonstrate teamwork, initiative, fairness and flexibility in providing support and leadership for all shifts
- Remain accessible to laboratory testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory
- Monitor the supply and reagent inventory to ensure the laboratory is adequately stocked
- Monitor, analyze and correct budget variances on an ongoing basis
- Analyze fiscal needs and prepare justification as necessary
- Monitor and respond to monthly volumes, utilization, financial, operational and quality metrics
- Act on personnel and operational issues with urgency
- Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations as well as the laboratory’s Code of Conduct and Ethical Responsibility, compliance policies and procedures, and applicable healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws
- Provide timely, accurate, and objective employee performance evaluations, feedback, training and competencies
- Develop, implement, align and review laboratory operating policies and procedures and ensure they are in accordance with both organization policies and requirements of regulatory agencies
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and appropriate licensing/accrediting agencies in areas of service, personnel and facilities
- Encourage and promote development for department personnel
- Active participation in the Strategic Planning and Lab growth initiative
- Keep Valley Behavioral Health leadership informed of activities including unusual patient data and results along with personnel issues or concerns
- Represent the laboratory and make presentations as required
- Laboratory Operations Leadership
- Cost management
- Promote Company Vision
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 5 years management in Laboratory Services operations
- Prior experience in generalist supervisory capacity strongly preferred
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Master of Business Administration a plus
- Expertise in field and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills- written & oral
- Excellent computer skills
- Analytic capabilities
- Operations planning
- Business acumen
- Strong problem solving skills
- Personnel Management
What’s in it for you?
- Position Type: Full-time
Industry leading pay! *Dependent on experience level*
Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from.
Great benefits package: we have outstanding health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching, PTO, 10 paid holidays and tuition reimbursement for full-time employees!
Working for an innovative company that is always improving the way we care for our clients.
Valley Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.