Valley Behavioral Health is a nonprofit organization that provides treatment for behavioral issues, addictions, psychiatric conditions, autism and other chronic conditions. Our organization consists of more than 70 programs to meet the needs of people from all backgrounds. We are a family of 850 employees whose mission is helping our clients by using research, evolving methods and providing evidence based treatment that changes lives. Most importantly, we are a place where one’s passion for helping others can truly be fulfilled through creating positive change in their lives.
Office Specialists at Valley serves as the important role of ensuring the continuity of client care through administrative support of day to day office operations. Within this role, an individual will utilize judgment, organization, computer and time management skills to facilitate smooth and efficient flow of daily activities.
- Work hours: 40 hours with Flexibility (Facilities are normally open 8a-6p)
- Locations: SLC, Park City, Layton
- Register clients for services
- Discuss programs with all potential new clients
- Enter and process data pertaining to new and current clients
- Verify and follow up on insurance information and verifications
- Schedule interpreters, process all interpreting invoices for payment
- Process all requests for records and authorization requests
- Process daily unit deposits
- Serve as backup to the office manager
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
What’s in it for you?
Diverse and experienced staff to work with and learn from.
Great benefits package: we have outstanding health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching, PTO, 10 paid holidays and tuition reimbursement for full-time employees!
Working for an innovative company that is always improving the way we care for our clients.
- 2+ years of office support and reception experience preferred
- Preference will be given to bilingual Spanish/English speaking
- Experience in a medical or physicians office a real plus!
- Must be comfortable and professional on the phone and in person linking customers to appropriate services
- Proficiency using MS Office, social media as well as the ability to learn new software programs quickly
Valley Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.