ValleyRx is a Class B pharmacy specializing in behavioral and physical health. Our pharmacists and technicians are specially trained to provide quality products that achieve the desired therapeutic outcome.
The Pharmacist is responsible for overseeing all medication storage, preparation, and distribution in the pharmacy. The pharmacist ensures that the pharmacy provides optimal services; meets all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements; complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes, and standards of practice.
Pharmacist Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Pharmacist by the Utah State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must follow all safety and USP guidelines for preparation of medications.
- Must have working knowledge of processing claims, resolving and troubleshooting adjudication failures, & initiating prior authorizations.
- Must complete pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Ensure compliance with current medication management standards and with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy and the DEA.
- Studies existing and new legislation, and advises management on needed actions.
- Receive and process customer orders.
PIC Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Manage transactions within the pharmacy in order to maintain accurate control over all pharmaceutical materials and ensures adherence with applicable state and federal laws and rules.
- Provide leadership to the department and to others through positive motivation, goal setting and training.
- Oversee prescription processing activities to ensure quality and standard of practice is maintained.
- Analyze trends in performance/programs and provide feedback/recommendations to organization for improvements.
- Participate regularly in production meetings and share issues, observations, and improvement recommendations.
- Work with training to ensure staff receives training on process changes and as needed to maintain quality and efficiency standards.
- Responsible for maintaining, reporting, and submitting all records for the dispensing of controlled substances to each state when required.
- Coordinate with Valley Leadership Team to ensure the pharmacy’s licensure with various state pharmacy boards is maintained and monitor licensure requirements.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with board of pharmacy requirements.
- Provide regulatory direction and education to staff.
- Ensure an education and training program is established and followed for pharmacy technicians and pharmacists.
- Partner with the operations management to regularly review production processes in an effort to ensure continuous quality improvement. This includes leading/participating in Peer Review committee.
- Regularly attend the Pharmacy Board Meetings and act as a liaison between/among parties.
- Responsible for inbound/outbound pharmacy prescription transfers with incoming/outgoing clients.
- Review escalated issues for resolution. May require interfacing with clients and members to resolve.
- Assists in production when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who Are We?
Valley is the leading behavioral health innovator in the Intermountain West. Using state of the art management techniques and cutting-edge technology, Valley is constantly transforming and integrating treatment for the most complex psychiatric, addiction, and developmental challenges our clients face.
Our mission at Valley is a responsive community partner empowering individuals and families by delivering appropriate, innovative, outcome-based programs, tools, services, and resources across the continuum of health and social means.
Valley Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.